Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I'm obsessed with Zoe Keating

I've been listening to my "Zoe Keating" playlist on my pod nonstop -- sometimes on repeat for hours -- since I managed to download the mp3s. It's a great playlist; it allows me to concentrate on what I'm reading without distracting me and even more surprising is the fact that I can actually write while listening as well. That, in my experience, is the sign of a truly excellent trance song.

The playlist:

Into the Trees
Walking Man
The Path

I plan on adding to it as I discover more pieces of her work. Until then I'll continue to work out the notes (using Audacity's Analyze Pitch plugin) of Escape Artist so that I can learn how to play it on my viola.

So far I've worked out a few measures only. Here's what I've got so far with a few embellishments of my own.

🎻🎼(Alto)  C🎱   D🎱   DE🎵F🎱   FE🎵D   D🎶



 

No comments:

Post a Comment