Wednesday, July 10, 2013

2013.07.10 Progress

Progress Video for July 10, 2013



After reviewing my video of Mary Had a Little Lamb [MHLL] & Twinkle Twinkle Little Star [TTLS] I noticed that my wrist was quite bent. I'm pretty sure it needs to be straighter. I need to pay more attention to that in the future. Maybe, I'll put something around my wrist to remind myself.


On the positive side of things, I also noticed that holding the viola has become much more natural feeling. I no longer have to think about how and where to place in. Tuning is also a lot easier. 

Practice Order:

Warm-up

Tuning - using the iPhone app: Tuxtuner
Tonalization [tone production]:
  • Mis--si--ssip--pi   Stop -- Stop 
  • 000 121 02 11 0

Scales [Red book]
  • D Major Scale [both books] - 1st finger-pattern used in TTLS [F# C#] and perhaps MHALL [just F#]
  • C Major Scale [Red book] - C3 - C5


*Intervals [Red book] - sometimes

Songs in D Major

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star [TTLS on D & A "Theme" - Suzuki Book p.9 - D Major Scale - F# C#] then play on C & G 
French Folk Song [FFS - Suzuki Book p.10 - D Major Scale - F# C#]
Lightly Row [LR - Suzuki Book p.11 - D Major Scale - F# C#]
Song of the Wind [SOFW - Suzuki Book p.11 - D Major Scale - F# C#]

Mary Had a Little Lamb [MHALL - F#]
Coventry Gardens [first 10 measures]
Sherlock Theme - sounds okay

I Still haven't Found What I'm Looking For [U2] - i can play: I have climbed the highest mountains...  and  I still haven't found what I'm looking for...

Skyfall [Adele] - Damn this song, it's so hard. I can do the first page but not very well. The best parts are: This is the end... and Let the Sky_fall, Let it crum_ble...

Stay [Rhianna] - can do the whole song, some parts are better than others but it does sound like a song now.

Hora Lunga - Sonata [Gyorgy Ligeti] - I can play most of it but I would call it my interpretation. This is my favourite song right now. I want more like this Sonata.

Callous Update

First finger is a go, second finger at step two, third finger still hurts like a bitch



No comments:

Post a Comment