Friday, July 12, 2013

2013.07.12 Progress

I took a bunch of video today because I wanted to check my posture, left hand position and overall sound. These videos are not edited so be forewarned.

First, I tuned my viola using Tuxtuner [iphone app] and then I practiced a couple of scales: the D major and the C major scales.


Then, I did my book warm-up which includes some intonation work, namely mississippi stop stop and the 000 121 02 11 0 thing. I have no idea what that thing is called but it's a great warm-up.


There are number of short pieces that I work my way through in no particular order. Including: Mary Had a Little Lamb, Coventry Gardens, Canon and the Sherlock theme song.


I've been working on 'Stay' by Rhinna everyday for about 20 days. I've finally made my way through the whole song. I actually found this great program called MuseScore that allows me to download midi files and turn them into sheet music. It's a great program. The more I fiddle around with it, the more I realize it can do.


I also try very hard to play 'Skyfall' by Adele but it is extremely painful - even more painful that Canon if you can believe it. But I'm determined to learn that damn song, even if it kills me. Nice attitude hey? I should probably seek professional help for that unhealthy level of masochism.

Anyways, that's all for today. I'll leave the rest off. Next time, I plan on recording my favourite piece called 'Hora Lunga' which is an ode to the C string.






No comments:

Post a Comment