Friday, May 24, 2013

Reading Music



iPhone Games

The most useful tool I've found to help me re-learn reading music was an iPhone app called: CLEF TUTOR FREE

It was really useful because it allowed me to set the clef [alto], the range of notes tested [3, 4, 6, 8], the type [flats, sharps, naturals] and the number of ledger lines above and below. It was set up as a sight reading speed game. I was just competed against myself but it placed you in a funny little category [for motivation I suppose] once you finished the game. Good times.

Oh, How I Love the Internet...

Then once I could read the notes on the Alto Clef, I had to figure out their relative position in context on the piano. I found a lot of information just by searching Google Images. These are just a few images that helped me solidify that knowledge.









This image was very helpful in showing me where the alto clef fits in relation to the bass and the treble. It all made a lot more sense after I discovered this.



I made myself some quizzes [which I kept on my iPhone using EVERNOTE]. I just flipped through them when I had a few extra moments. 



No comments:

Post a Comment