Friday, May 10, 2013

The "Plan"

I have this plan - to teach myself how to play the viola. Obviously, it sounds a lot easier than it is. So, I've broken it down into a number of steps.

1. Learn (re-learn) how to read sheet music
2. Learn the viola finger board positions
3. Study music theory (so I can understand the notations on sheet music)
4. Study bowing techniques
5. Learn how to take care of a viola
6. Research where to rent/buy a viola and supplies
7. Learn a few songs to prove to myself that I'll persist before I rent
8. Get a viola for my birthday
9. Practice every single day
---- to build finger callouses
---- to develop my 'skills'
---- to train the people around me to expect to hear this painful racket...
---- so I can observe myself improve! [make a weekly video to track improvement]

10. Make a list of questions for a tutor
11. Once I make it to a level that I feel I need a teacher - find a teacher
12. tbc


No comments:

Post a Comment